News Ticker
  • Welcome to the Community
  • Use the forum to troubleshoot your Excel & VBA Problems
  • We will be launching a new website soon! www.ExcelWTF.com/Learn ! Join us to learn VBA from the ground up!
Sign in to follow this  
Caleeco

Introduction to VBA Course [Index Page]

Course: Introduction to Excel VBA

Synopsis

Starting the journey to become a Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) Wizard can be a daunting one. This course aims to teach you the basic principles of VBA in bite-sized chunks, so that you can quickly move on to starting to code your own Macros. 

I could spend a lifetime talking about all the functions/capabilities that VBA has to offer with examples, however, as the proverb goes - "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime". I'm here to teach you how to fish! Not to just give you some fish to eat! Unless you're a vegan of course... in which case I'll (metaphorically) teach your how to grow potatoes or something...i digress...

Course Structure

As mentioned previously, this course will be compiled of bite-sized chunks (each contained in its own thread). This thread will be the index page for all the bite-sized tutorials and learning material. I will update and cross-link this page as the course develops (I still need to get it all typed... what have I gotten myself into :wtf: )

Course Index (Hyperlinks)

Introduction

1. What is Object Oriented Programming (OOP)?

2. Take me to the VBA! (Visual Basic Editor)

3. What is a Variable?

4. Code Structure and Coding Techniques (WIP)